What's been really fun is counting the {firsts} of everything about Elder Sherwood's Mission!
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 we received his first letter!
More {firsts} include the many shrines we have set up:


With this poster, we were able to say his {first} week was finished!That means we only have about 103 more Wednesdays to go!
We've also done our {first} comparisons- to be finished when he gets home in 2010!
April 9, 2008- Milk was $3.49 a gallon (and that was kind of on sale)
Gas was $3.23 a gallon last Wednesday (which has already upped 5 cents since one week ago!)
and this is a lot close to my parents' house that recently started construction. It will be interesting to see what this looks like the {first} time Brad sees it again!
We also received the {first} picture- this was sent by a nice couple in Utah who greets the Elders at the MTC off the shuttle from the airport.

and Mom had her {first} Missionary Mom Meeting (of many- I'm sure!) the day after Brad left. This is with Sister Poulson- Elder Derek Poulson's Mom.
Other {firsts} include:
*{First} missionary experiences here at home- even telling people my brother is on a mission for our church gets the questions started, and I get to proudly tell about his desire to serve and about our church's beliefs.
*{First} sympathy notes/treats/comments- everyone knows it's not easy for our family to send our youngest son/brother to another country for 24 months, and everyone's been so supportive.
*{First} of hundreds of prayers to keep him safe, happy, and close to the Spirit.
*Roxy already tried to make her {first} phone call to Brad on her play cell phone.
*We're already counting down until Christmas 2008- when we get our {first} real phone call!
2 comments:
Cuteness.
I just sent my {first} letter in the mail this week.
Will my letter be his {first} letter to get in the mail?
I feel bad I didn't send any pics. I told him that I might not... to see if he still recognizes Ellie! SAD!!
Doesn't he get to call on Mother's Day? Unless the rules have changed I'm pretty sure that he does. And if he is in the MTC still he won't be able to, but he will be able to call from the airport when leaving the MTC. Don't worry, I looked forward to those calls more than anything else for the entire two years that Kevie was gone!
Post a Comment